CBD Facts —
CBD is everywhere these days. Since there is so much information out there, we’ve decided to remove the fluff and share common CBD facts in this article.
CBD (short for Cannabidiol) is one of nearly 113 active compounds found in the cannabis plant. From the cannabis plant comes “marijuana” and “hemp”. CBD is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid and is known for its interaction with the Endocannabinoid System (ECS) when ingested.
The ECS helps the body maintain homeostasis, or balance, by communicating with and supporting other systems in the body. CBD works with the ECS to regulate and balance a variety of responses in the body: stress, appetite, sensation, mood, energy, metabolism, skin function, and more.
What Does CBD Do?
Incorporating CBD into your daily routine can help you combat everyday stressors, feel less anxious, curb pain and inflammation, and improve overall quality of sleep. Because CBD works together with your body, there are virtually zero side effects and is a natural source of relief.
Here are some of the many benefits:
- Pain relief
- Relieves anxiety
- Reduces blood sugar
- Reduces nausea
- Modulates sleep and wakefulness
- Reduces seizures
- Inhibits cell growth in tumors and cancer
- Reduces risk of artery blockage
- Treats psoriasis
- Suppresses muscle spasms
- Stimulates appetite
- Promotes bone growth
- Treats acne
- Increases clarity and focus
- Anxiety/pain/inflammation in Pets too!
Full Spectrum vs. Isolate vs. Broad Spectrum
The difference between the three types of CBD is due to the chemical content in each of them. A full spectrum oil contains all the cannabinoids as well as other components from the hemp plant.
An isolate contains only CBD without any of the other cannabinoids, fatty acids, or terpenes found in the full spectrum.
Broad spectrum is the middle ground between full spectrum and isolate. It has all of the plant’s original cannabinoids and other components except for THC. This allows you to reap the benefits without having THC in it.
Read more about these types of CBD here.
What to Look for in a Quality CBD
To get all the benefits of CBD, you want to make sure you are buying the highest quality.
- Purchase from a source that grows its hemp in the USA.
- Find products that are third-party lab-tested for potency to ensure purity and consistency.
- Make sure lab test results are accessible on the company’s website.
- Look for real testimonials and reviews on company website, social media, Google, etc.
- Make sure the company has direct contact info on their website.